We advise on the most suitable protection policies for you and your family. You will want to ensure that if you are unable to work due to accident or illness that you still have a regular income to pay mortgage and other bills.
The most important thing to protect is your income. If you have a regular monthly income you can continue to pay your mortgage, other bills and maintain your lifestyle. For that reason, Income Protection is deemed to be the most important benefit to put in place.
Its so important to ensure that once you secure a mortgage and get moved in to your home, you have a policy in place that will pay off your mortgage in event of your death or being diagnosed with a critical illness such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, MS, Motor Neurone Disease and approximately 50 additional defined critical illnesses.
In addition a monthly benefit to allow you to pay your bills and maintain your lifestyle is so important for you and your family, if you are unable to work as a result of sickness or illness.
The 3 most important types of protection are:
- Life Cover
- Critical Illness
- Income Protection
- Whole of life insurance – an assured whole of life policy that will pay out when you die, no matter when that is.
- Level term life insurance – a life insurance policy that lasts for a set time. Level term is ideal for family protection as you choose an amount and term of years that suit your family
- Decreasing term life insurance – a term life insurance policy with a sum assured that decreases each month in line with a mortgage.
- Over 50s insurance – an assured whole of life level of cover with guaranteed acceptance and no medical questionnaire that can only be applied for by those over 50.
- The main benefits of critical illness insurance include the following:
- It pays out if you’re diagnosed with any illness listed within your policy
- The pay-out is tax-free
- It can help cover your mortgage, rent, debts, home alterations and other expenses
- It covers a range of common illnesses and severities (stroke, heart attack, etc.)
- It’s flexible as the policyholder can choose the level of cover and range of conditions
Depending on your needs, you may choose either short term or long-term income protection cover.
- Short-term income protection typically covers any lost earnings through illness or injury that leaves you unable to work. This type of cover typically lasts for one or two years.
- Long-term income protection is better suited for more serious circumstances, which leave you unable to work for a much longer period, usually owing to sickness or injury. Long-term protection tends to start from five years of cover and can cover you all the way to retirement age.
We are delighted with the help and support of Assumpta. She was excellent and took care of all our worries. Nothing was bother to her. Saved us a lot of stress and hassle. Thanks so much.
Assumpta has been our advisor for a long time and you could not improve on her service. Always eager to help and support Always able to help taking time and explaining everything to us